5 Things You Need to Know
1. Ensure that your given name (first name) and surname (last name) in My Credentials matches the given name and surname on the identification you will present at the test center. (See page 21.)
If the names do not match, you will not be allowed to test and you will forfeit the exam fee.
2. For USGBC members: to receive member pricing for your exam, you must have linked your
member status to your USGBC account (at www.usgbc.org > Your Account > Membership) prior to
registration. For CaGBC members: to receive member pricing for your exam, you must have linked your member status to your My Credentials account (by calling GBCI customer service at +1-202-828-1145) prior to registration. The member discount is not automatically applied retroactively to exam registrations that are submitted under non-member pricing.
3. To change or cancel your exam appointment you must do so through Prometric no later than
midnight on the third day before your scheduled examination. All exam appointments cancelled/
rescheduled 30 days or less before the examination date are charged a $50 fee. If you do not receive a new confirmation number from Prometric, contact them immediately to confirm that your appointment has been successfully cancelled/rescheduled. (See page 17.)
Keep your confirmation notice for any communication with Prometric about your exam.
4. The only field you cannot edit in your My Credentials account is the name. (If you need to change your name, please contact GBCI credentialing staff at www.gbci.org/contact > Name Changes or at 1-800-795-1746, within the US, or at +1-202-828-1145, outside the US.) Every other field, including username, email address, password, street address, company affiliation, etc., can be changed, so there is no reason to create a new account when you change jobs, locations, or job titles.
5. If you have a documented disability that would prevent you from taking a LEED Professional
Credentialing exam under standard conditions, you may request a reasonable accommodation as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Prometric certifies that it shall comply with the provisions of the ADA. (See page 7.)
Applying for an Exam
1. Log in to My Credentials. If you do not have an account, select “First Time Here?” to create one.
2. Select “Apply for a credential exam” from your Current Options. (If you do not see this option, it meansthat you are not eligible for the exam. You may not have more than one active application at a time. Contact customer service if you have any questions.)
3. Review and, if applicable, update your profile.
4. Verify that your given name (first name) and surname (last name) in My Credentials matches the given name and surname on the identification you will present at the test center; if it does not, contact GBCI staff at www.gbci.org/contact > Name Changes or at 1-800-795-1746, within the US, and +1-202-828-1145, outside the US, as you cannot update it yourself.
5. Select your LEED Professional Directory preferences; if you are choosing to be listed, please enter a city, state (ZZ if outside the US and Canada), and country. Press “Submit.”
6. Select your credentialing route. Press “Submit.”
7. Select your eligibility pathway: project involvement, employment, or education.
8. Enter the details of your eligibility and upload your supporting documentation. Upload your
documentation of eligibility. (See Eligibility Requirements on the next page for more information.) Press “Submit.”
9. Select whether you would like to request student pricing. (See Student Pricing on page 8 for more information.) Press “Submit.”
10. Select whether you would like special testing accommodations based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). (See Special Testing Accommodations on page 7 for more information.) Press “Submit.”
11. Review your exam application. Once you have confirmed that all information is correct and all
documentation is uploaded, press “Submit.” At this time, you may return to the main menu and leave your application incomplete; however, your application will not be processed until it is completed and submitted.
12. Read GBCI’s Candidate Terms and Conditions, Disciplinary and Exam Appeals Policy, and CMP Guide. Affirm that you have read and agree to all documents by electronic signature. Press “Submit.”
13. Select the credit or debit card type (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) with which you will pay the $50 non-refundable LEED Green Associate application fee. Press “Pay fee.”
14. Enter the card number, expiration date, cardholder name, and billing address of the credit or debit card with which you will pay the non-refundable application fee. Press “Process Payment.” Do NOT hit the button more than once; doing so may cause multiple charges on your credit or debit card. Once your payment has been processed, it cannot be refunded; please ensure that you are applying for the correct exam before proceeding.
15. You will receive an on-screen notification that your application is complete and will be provided with your application number.
You will receive notice within seven days that your application is approved or, if more information is required, incomplete. If your application is approved, you can proceed to registration. (See Registering for an Exam on page 8.) If the application is denied or expires (see Application Period on page 9), you must wait 90 days before reapplying.
Prices are tax excluded